The interdisciplinary, DFG-funded research project Russian Ecospheres unites 15 scholars and presents a platform for developing new research approaches in the emerging field of ecocriticism.
What are the goals of Russian Ecospheres?
- Getting more interdisciplinary: Linking approaches in historiography with literary and cultural studies
- Leaving the disaster road: Globalizing Russian ecological history and opening new research fields and questions
- Approaching environmental form: Understanding the significance of form for modes of perception and discursive framing
- Looking for the longue durée: Finding trajectories of ecological thinking from the 18th-century to the present
What are we doing within the network?
- Organisation of conferences and workshops
- Preparation of a handbook on Russian ecological thought
- Publication and translation of basic Russian texts on ecology
- Development of research infrastructure for further research in ecocriticism