Research associate at Leibniz Institute for History and Culture of Eastern Europe, GWZO
After finishing his studies in Slavic Studies, History and Hispanic Studies in Tübingen and Moscow, Timm Schönfelder went on to be a research associate of the Collaborative Research Center 923: “Threatened Orders” at the University of Tübingen. After finishing his doctorate in 2019 on Soviet environmental and technological history he started lecturing at the University of Tübingen. Since 2020, he has been a research associate at the GWZO in the department “Humans and Environment” with a project on the history of hunting in Eastern Central Europe. He is member of the ASEEES, DGO and ESEH.
- Cultural history of hunting in East Central Europe
- Environmental and Technological History of Russia and the UdSSR
- Infrastructure and Science History
- Human-Nature Relationship & Human Animal Studies
Motivation as a part of the network:
Publications linked to the network:
- “Bodenerosion und Pestizidbelastung. Das Erbe des Reisanbaus im Gebiet Krasnodar,“ Osteuropa, no. 7-9 (2020): 319-330.
- “Reinventing the Steppe. The Agromeliorative Complex in the Russian Periphery”, Slavic Review [forthcoming].
Leave a Reply